Market Reality & Important Facts
2. Market Reality & Important Facts
- South African institutions of higher learning continue to produce graduates who are not easily absorbed into the mainstream economy.
- Employers look for work related experience and the lack thereof is a real barrier for new graduates, even when these graduates have excellent academic results.
- The economy is in dire need of entrepreneur and individuals with high self-belief.
- The youth unemployment is over 30% countrywide.
- The standard of education is often well below international standard and does not equip the youth with the necessary tools to succeed.